Access: All students with disabilities have the right to reasonable access of UNBC programs and services.
Appeal: The Access Coordinator assesses the documentation of disability provided by you to determine what accommodation(s) will be recommended. You have the right to appeal these recommendations.
- Register with the ARC, identify your specific needs and provide appropriate disability-related information to our office in a timely manner.
- All students are expected to meet essential program and learning requirements.
- Being knowledgeable regarding relevant rules and regulations of the University including UNBC’s policies on:
- Student Code of Conduct;
- Appeals Process and Procedures; as well as,
- Academic Regulations as outlined in the UNBC Calendar.
Each semester, registered students are required to:
- Meet with the ARC Coordinator if you require adjustments to existing accommodations.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request that the General Access and Accommodation (GAAA) letters be released to the instructor of every course that will require academic accommodation(s).
- Meet with each of your Instructors during office hours or by appointment to discuss accommodations if needed.
- Notify ARC of any concerns regarding access or accommodation.
- Book midterms and exams through the online booking system before the five business day deadline.
- If applicable, you are encouraged to apply for provincial and federal funding programs for which you may be eligible to access grants, services and/or assistive technology.