Newly admitted students

Accept your offer

To accept an offer of admission, you can click "reply to offer" in your Applicant Dashboard or you can email

B.C. criminal record check process

Applicable for students admitted to the following degrees prior to starting their program:

  • Master of Social Work (MSW and MSW Foundation Year)
  • Indigenous Child and Youth Mental Health Certificate
  • MSc Health Sciences
  • Master of Education in Counselling
  • Master of Arts in Disability Management

The Government of British Columbia requires all students who have access to children or vulnerable adults during the course of their studies to pass a British Columbia criminal record check. Results, which identify relevant criminal convictions, may disqualify an applicant from admission into a program. The cost of this search is the responsibility of the student.

You will not be eligible to register for classes until clear criminal record check results are received by the UNBC Office of the Registrar. Therefore, it is important to submit your request for a new criminal record check immediately upon receipt of your offer of admission.


The process to request a B.C. criminal record check varies depending on your residency.

B.C. residents who have a B.C. Services Card

  • Have your B.C. Services Card log in handy or set your login up before starting.
  • Navigate to the B.C. Criminal Record Check website. You will be asked to enter the access code for UNBC: 89FZXH3N5V.
  • When prompted to ‘Share Previous CRC’ or ‘Submit New CRC’, choose ‘Submit New CRC’.
  • A credit card is required to pay the $28.00 processing fee. UNBC will receive your results approximately 7-10 business days after your request is submitted.

B.C. residents without a BC Services Card who have not lived in B.C. for at least six months or who reside outside of B.C.:

If you have lived in B.C. for six months and do not have a B.C. Services Card, you should follow the steps above to obtain a card. This PDF form process is only available to B.C. residents newly living in the province (less than six months) or incoming students who reside outside of B.C.


  • Contact to request the consent to a criminal record check form. In your email, please note if you are residing out of province or, if in B.C., the date you moved to B.C.

International Local Criminal Record Check

International applicants admitted to the following programs must submit a criminal record check from their local jurisdiction (where they currently reside) upon admission. This can be submitted to

UNBC Doctoral Tuition Award

The Doctoral Tuition Award provides a two-year tuition waiver to incoming students and in order to keep the award, the student must produce a timeline for completion of their degree by the end of their first year. This award is available to full-time students entering a doctoral program at UNBC for the first time. Please note, this waiver covers tuition only and does not include student fees. For our international applicants, the tuition and fees amount provided on your the supplemental form for your study permit application DOES include fees so do note that the annual amount is not equivalent to a tuition waiver.

The award may be extended for a further two years if the student passes the appropriate candidacy examination within two years of initial registration and has demonstrated academic proficiency (defined as a GPA equivalent to or greater than 3.33).

To accept the award, students must sign and return the Doctoral Tuition Waiver Form within 3 weeks of receipt of the admission letter.

Graduate Teaching Assistant positions

UNBC posts all available Graduate Teaching Assistant positions on our website. Students must apply to be considered for a position. You can find all open postings, as well as a guide for applicants, here.

Awards and Financial Aid

You can find important information from our Awards and Financial Aid office on our website, including details on the annual awards competition (including deadlines to apply).