Please note that request forms are due May 12, 2023 for the 2023 Fall and Winter semesters.
Please note that applications are due by June 30, 2023 for 2023 Fall Term and September 29, 2023 for Winter Term.
Employee Leave requests
The process for submitting a leave request has changed as of November 21, 2022. Please do not use the leave form PDF document to submit your leave request as it is no longer being used.
Instructions for submitting a leave request
1. Visit the UNBC Ellucian Portal and sign in using your UNBC login credentials.
2. Click the green '+ Request' button in the top right corner.
3. Click the 'Start' button.
4. Specify whether you are submitting the request for yourself or on behalf of someone else, then click 'Confirm'.
5. Ensure your supervisor is selected in the 'Supervisor / Acting Supervisor' drop-down list.
6. Choose the dates of your leave.
7. Click the 'Add leave reason' button.
8. Choose a 'Reason for leave' from the drop-down menu and enter the number of hours requested in the text box.
9. Optional: Enter a description and attach any documents, then click the 'OK' button.
10. Optional: Choose the name of a person you want to send a copy of your leave request.
11. Click the 'Submit' button.