Do you have a passion for business? Are you a leader and a keen problem-solver? Study present-day business theory and develop the practical skills you need to be the leader you want to be.
UNBC’s MBA covers everything from organizational behaviour, marketing, accounting and operations management. Unlock new career opportunities in all sectors: government, private and non-profit. Choose from three cohorts: Prince George, B.C., Grande Prairie, Alberta and Vancouver, B.C.
Happy (almost!) birthday to us! Our MBA program will be celebrating 20 years in 2024! Since we accepted our first cohort of students in Prince George in 2004, hundreds of working professionals graduated from our program onto new and exciting career opportunities. Stay tuned to our social media over the next twelve months as we highlight alumni and program fun facts.
Why choose UNBC's MBA?
- Earn your MBA in only 21 months
- Work while you learn! Classes are scheduled one weekend per month so you can continue to work and manage family life while you study.
- Offered in three locations for your convenience: UNBC in Prince George, Langara College in Vancouver and Northwestern Polytechnic in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
- Unique focus on business, economic and social issues facing our communities. Place based focused curriculum to enrich learning outcomes for students.
- Learn from inter-disciplinary instructors who bring real-world business experience to the classroom.
Over the course of five semesters, students will study business best practices in subjects such as strategy and finance. They will learn to interpret the organizational environment and adopt effective management techniques.
The first year is comprised of eight required courses that build a solid base in business knowledge.
In the second year, students can choose between innovative course work or a research project of interest.
Small, diverse cohorts facilitate quality dialogue and debate between students and professors. UNBC MBA students bring varied professional expertise and experience to the classroom discussion.
Develop advanced writing, analytical, supervisory and research skills that you can take to a variety of careers in economic development, retail, banking, human resources, real estate and beyond. You may even be inspired to start your own business!
Are you interested in a more research based Master's Program? Follow this link to learn about the Master of Science in Business Administration.
The application deadlines are subject to change in accordance with UNBC policy and governance. As such, please visit the Graduate Admissions Application Deadlines page for the most accurate information.
September 2024 Cohort
- Applications open: August 15, 2023
- Application Deadline 1: December 1, 2023
- Application Deadline 2: July 1, 2024 (Canadian/domestic applicants only)
Spring (May) 2024
Winter (January) 2025