Accounting for Creative Professionals
This course provides an overview of accounting practices for creative professionals, arts organization managers and freelance artists/designers interested in developing their business skills. Topics covered will include recording business transactions, preparing financial statements, managing accounts payable and receivable, budgeting, cash management, and tax planning strategies.
This course is offered in partnership with OCAD University to offer a wide range of courses for enhancing your career expertise in web, design, photography, analytics, and technology.
Working with your OCAD U Account
As a student, you will receive an OCAD U user account, which will grant you access to the OCAD U learning management system, called Canvas. Your Canvas account will be enabled one week prior to the start date of your course.
Contact email@example.com for assistance with using your account.
Many OCAD U courses can be applied towards a certificate. Explore to learn more.
Note that students seeking a certificate must register with OCAD U via the APPLY link on the page for the certificate concerned.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions concerning certificates available or to confirm your chosen set of courses will qualify.
- Learn how to go through the entire accounting cycle when it comes to recording business transactions for a professional services company or small business, including recording transactions, making adjustments, developing the financial statements, and clos
- Understand how to read and analyze financial statements through financial ratios to determine trends in performance, including solvency, liquidity, profitability, and efficiency evaluation.
- Develop cash management and budgeting strategies to manage working capital, improve cash flow, and achieve tax efficiency.
- Understand the relationship among cost, volume, and profit for a business.
- Better communicate accounting information to non-financial professionals and overall feel more comfortable with accounting, the language of business.
- 6 online classroom sessions
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.