Business Communications - Virtual Delivery
The Business Communication course provides basic skills in written and oral business communication. It also covers how to effectively organize and deliver written and orally presented business reports.
- Communication skills
- Identify your personal communication style (students will be registered to take the Personality Dimension Assessment prior to the course)
- Understand individuals differences and similarities
- Improve business-writing process including e-mails, memos, letters, and other daily writing.
- Understand the importance of becoming an effective business communicator in today’s changing workplace
- Identify personal styles and preferred methods of communicating
- Explain professionalism in the workplace
- Create a variety of business documents using appropriate format, tone, and style
- Examine the traditional formats of memos and letters for business correspondence
- Explain the pros and cons of e-mail and how to use it professionally
- Develop a conversational tone and use positive and courteous language
- Revise messages to achieve conciseness, clarity, and impact
- Revise messages to achieve visual persuasiveness
- Describe effective techniques for proof-reading documents
- How to deal with negative situations quickly and appropriately
- 9:00am - 1:00pm PST
- Maria Trujillo
Students must have a computer with webcam in order to attend class and participate in exercises and knowledge checks.
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.