DBT Informed Treatment of Bipolar Disorder - Virtual Delivery
Bipolar Disorder (BD) is a serious mental health problem that typically creates chaos in an individual’s life, often leading to risky and impulsive behaviors, damaged relationships and careers, substance use problems, hospitalization, and even suicide.
Based on Sheri Van Dijk’s ground-breaking work on using DBT with Bipolar Disorder, this webinar will briefly review the different psychotherapies being used to treat bipolar disorder, before looking at the efficacy of Dialectical Behavior Therapy in treating this illness.
Topics will then include how to teach some of the DBT skills most pertinent to clients with BD.
NOTE: The recommended prerequisite for clinicians wanting to take this course is the Understanding Bipolar Disorder-Virtual Delivery webinar.
- Provide psychoeducation about BD to their clients regarding their diagnosis
- Identify the co-morbidities, suicidality and other difficulties in living with BD
- Name the current evidence-based treatments for BD
- State the theoretical rationale for using Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) in treating BD.
- Identify and understand the basics of some of the main DBT skills used in treating BD
- 8:30am - 12:45pm PST
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.