The Wildlife, Bird and Amphibian Mitigation Measures course covers key considerations for protecting wildlife, birds, and amphibians, and identifying the fundamental needs of their habitats and ecosystems.
- Defining wildlife
- Distinguishing protected and endangered species
- Learning considerations for monitoring wildlife
- Recognizing the amphibians of British Columbia
- Understanding lentic, lotic, and terrestrial habitats
- Identifying amphibians
- Gaining a particular understanding of Tailed Frog ecology and habitat
- Learning about habitat restoration and enhancement
- Understanding proper amphibian handling, husbandry, and salvaging techniques
This course is one of 10 courses that make up the Environmental Monitoring Online Certificate (EMC). Students have the option to enrol in individual courses without having to complete the Environmental Monitoring Certificate.
- Online courses are non-refundable.