UNBC’s Environmental Monitoring Online Certificate is a professional certificate that gives students the theoretical and practical knowledge needed to work as an environmental monitor. Environmental monitors are environmental representatives who ensure that industrial activities comply with today’s government standards. Therefore, this certificate teaches students the ORCA model, the system used by environmental monitors to Observe, Record, Communicate and Archive (ORCA) data to mitigate or respond to potential environmental impacts.
Why Choose the Environmental Monitoring Online Certificate?
- Self-paced Curriculum: You determine the pace and duration it takes to finish. Approximate time to complete the certificate is 50 total hours.
- Easy-to-use Format: Video-based courses supported by easily navigated learning tools for quick and easy material review.
- Instant Course Access: Immediate course access the moment you are registered for the certificate.
- Responsive Program Support: From start to finish, our support staff are available to help with registration, coursework advisement, scheduling, technical support, and more.
- Specialized Industry Training: The Environmental Monitoring Certificate is specifically designed and instructed by industry specialists who created the course based on required industry standards.
Choose Your Payment Option
Payment Option #1
The Environmental Monitoring Online Certificate is available at a cost of $2,750.
Payment Option #2
Need a skills upgrade? We allow enrolment on a course-by-course basis. Find your course below.
- EM 1 - Introduction to Environmental Monitoring
- EM 2 - Introduction to Environmental Management
- EM 3 - Sediment and Erosion Control
- EM 4 - Admin., Health and Safety and Reporting
- EM 5 - Basic Sampling I: Water Quality and Spill Response
- EM 6 - Basic Sampling II: Mapping and Vegetation Ecology
- EM 7 - Wildlife, Bird & Amphibian Mitigation Measures
- EM 8 - Fish and Fish Habitat
- EM 9 - Construction Activities in Sensitive Areas
- EM 10 - Bear Awareness and Safety