Impacting change starts with empowering executives to develop and broaden their leadership identity and capabilities. This immersive program will support you in strengthening your leadership qualities, enabling you to empower and lead individuals and teams to higher levels of performance.
Upon completing this program, you will return to your organization with the right tools to impact organizational growth and change.
Recent studies confirm the leader is the prime factor for creating a productive work environment and contributing to higher employee retention. The Executive Leadership Certificate program with UNBC Continuing Studies provides the concepts and the practices of Leadership in a high impact learning-environment.
We invite you to join your peers in this certificate program to craft your own leadership style, build an extraordinary team and master the competencies of effective executive leadership.
The StrongerBC future skills grant (FSG) is here to help you pursue the future you want. The grant will cover up to $3,500 of eligible costs for your short-term skills training at public universities and colleges in BC.
This course is eligible for funding. For information on how to apply for funding please access the StrongerBC future skills grant web page.
Who Should Attend?
- High-performing managers on a path to becoming executive leaders.
- Senior leaders looking to enhance their learning experience to support innovation and growth.
- Principals of small and medium firms and entrepreneurs or owners of small companies with growth potential.
There are six courses in this certificate.
1. Active Leadership
9:00am - 4:00pm PST
The Active Leadership course provides the concepts and the practices of leadership in a high impact learning environment to help leaders effectively coach, empower and lead individuals and teams to higher levels of performance.
This course qualifies you for the following PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs):
Leadership = 11
Strategic & Business Management = 10
Total = 21
2. Motivate for Full Engagement
9:00am - 12:00pm PST
In this course, you will consider your motivation and the role of motivation in leading others. You will investigate intrinsic and extrinsic motivation sources, explore four key motivational drivers, and learn to bring out motivation in yourself and others in order to fully engage in the work of the team or organization.
3. Align for Results
1:00pm - 4:00pm PST
This course enables leaders to learn a three-step process to connect their performance objectives to organizational goals, add value by embedding their personal passions and talents to enhance their commitment to achieving those objectives, and structure a clear and compelling story to mobilize employees to work in alignment with organizational goals.
4. Leading Continuous Change
9:00am - 4:00pm PST
In today’s digitally disrupted world, continuous change is the new normal. To be successful leaders need to be able to prioritize and manage multiple change initiatives, avoid change fatigue and ensure that individuals and teams remain committed and connected to the direction of the organization.
5. Leading Transformation
9:00am - 4:00pm PST
Leading Transformation is designed for those leading others through change. It combines the latest ideas, models, tools, and adult learning techniques into one powerful business education package that gives leaders the skills they really need to lead transformation-online and on the ground.
6. Leading High Performing Teams
9:00am - 4:00pm PST
Leaders have to play a far more hands-on role to make sure the group works well together and remains focused on the right priorities. That's why the Leading High Performance Teams Training is one of the most essential ways to gain the skills needed to boost productivity. In this dynamic one-day training course, learn how to build effective, high-performance teams from the ground up and then manage everyone's efforts to maximize results.
Offered in partnership with Global Knowledge.
About the Instructors
Adrienne Serrao, MA, ACC, CCPC
With over 20 years of coaching and facilitation experience, Adrienne brings a wealth of expertise around leadership, communications, and employee development and performance.
Holding the ACC designation from the International Coaching Federation as well as CCPC from the Coaches Training Institute, Adrienne has worked with hundreds of clients from industries as diverse as finance, telecom, healthcare, oil and gas and manufacturing.
Using an approach that is highly empathic and supportive, Adrienne has worked with professionals around a wide range of issues from leadership development to stress management, career enhancement and strategizing around challenging interpersonal situations.
Kim Finkelstein, BA, MBA, MA
Kim has both designed and facilitated many leadership and people development sessions including leadership, leading change, building resiliency, developing creativity, innovating, managing transformation, leading teams, communicating effectively, delegating, motivating, selling, building customer service skills, and delivering and receiving feedback.
Facilitating in-person or virtually, Kim has an engaging, highly energetic and interactive style creating a comfortable setting for learning. The design and delivery of her sessions reflects different learning styles and adult learning principles. The focus of the learning is to allow the participants to build action plans for application of the new skills to their work.
- Assess personal leadership behaviours and attitudes that impact the performance of others
- Plan and deliver clear, concise communication to direct, guide and engage employees
- Determine how ability and motivation impact performance and outcomes, regardless of the task
- Explore three different leadership styles and when they should be used to maximize the performance of others
- Relate the component of strategic leadership to your organization
- Evaluate motivation and how it relates to employee engagement
- Learn how to coach, reinforce and create a motivational climate for employee growth and retention
- Differentiate between "coaching for job" versus "coaching for career"
- Demonstrate how your business unit priorities fit into the organization's overall strategies
- Distinguish between change management and change leadership
- Use the Transformation map to develop action plans to implement change
- Design a successful blueprint for your high-performance team
- Create a personal development plan based on assessed leadership strengths and development needs to bolster your executive performance
- Course 1: Active Leadership
- Course 2: Motivate for Full Engagement
- Course 3: Align for Results
- Course 4: Leading Transformation
- Course 5: Leading Continuous Change
- Course 6: Leading High Performing Teams
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.
Please select the relevant PDF for specific course details.