SketchUp is a powerful 3D software application used for architecture, interior design, game design, and basic 3D modelling.
This intermediate workshop explores methods of drafting and modelling a floor plan from an imported sketch image. Students will learn about the various options available with SketchUp, including how to print and share their work through different mediums.
Topics covered will include how to create a small two storey residential house, with kitchen cabinets, and stairs, as well as creating entourage elements and animations of walkthroughs.
This course is offered in partnership with OCAD University to offer a wide range of courses for enhancing your career expertise in web, design, photography, analytics, and technology
Working with Your OCAD U Account
As a student, you will receive an OCAD U user account, which will grant you access to the OCAD U learning management system, called Canvas. Your Canvas account will be enabled one week prior to the start date of your course. Log in at canvas.ocadu.ca.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with using your account.
Many OCAD U courses can be applied towards a certificate. Explore to learn more.
Students seeking a certificate must register with OCAD U via the APPLY link on the page for the certificate concerned.
Contact email@example.com for questions concerning certificates available or to confirm your chosen set of courses will qualify.
- Applicable knowledge of how to develop a 3D model from a 2D residential floor plan
- Skills to create and design kitchen cabinets and other advanced components
- The ability to customize different materials and textures from external resources to use inside the SketchUp environment
- An understanding of SketchUp sharing tools and available methods for presenting final project
- 2 online classroom sessions
Please note that courses may be canceled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.