This course builds on the foundational knowledge of effective user interface and user experience design gained in the Introduction to UI and UX course.
Topics include persuasive UX and the ethics of design, sustainable behaviour, user engagement, storytelling for UXD, and gamification. Students conduct user testing, create wireframes and build mock-ups to test the UX of their designs.
This course is offered in partnership with OCAD University to offer a wide range of courses for enhancing your career expertise in web, design, photography, analytics, and technology.
Working with your OCAD U Account
As a student, you will receive an OCAD U user account, which will grant you access to the OCAD U learning management system, called Canvas. Your Canvas account will be enabled one week prior to the start date of your course. Login at canvas.ocadu.ca.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with using your account.
Many OCAD U courses can be applied towards a certificate. Explore to learn more.
Note that students seeking a certificate must register with OCAD U via the APPLY link on the page for the certificate concerned.
Contact email@example.com for questions concerning certificates available or to confirm your chosen set of courses will qualify.
- Refine an appreciation for the theory and sensibilities of User Experience Design on digital devices
- Refine skills in the use and application of a variety of cognitive design methods, specifically applicable to user experience design
- Improve individual and collaborative skills in design-based problem solving
- Gain intermediate proficiency in the skills and techniques used in UX Design, UX Strategy, Interaction Design, and user-centred interfaces (UI)
- Be able to apply motivation, empathy, cognitive economics, gamification principles, storytelling, user engagement, and understand the ethical implications of all of the above as means of designing and evaluating user experience and developing a human-cent
- Use and adapted key design standards, guidelines, and tools focusing on user experience
- Create a small project in stages using a creative design brief, scenarios, a journey map, and a prototypes, by the end of the course that applies some of the cognitive behavioural principles discussed in class.
- 6 online classroom sessions
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.