Open source applications are high quality, reliable, flexible, and free (or low cost) alternatives to many commercially available applications. Blender is an open source 3D graphic application used by media artists and designers.
This hands-on course provides students with the skills to create basic 3D models, animation, and 3D visualizations. Topics include surface modeling, texture, lighting, rigging, compositing, and rendering. Software for this course is available online for free on the Blender website.
This course is offered in partnership with OCAD University to offer a wide range of courses for enhancing your career expertise in web, design, photography, analytics, and technology.
Working with Your OCAD U account
As a student, you will receive an OCAD U user account, which will grant you access to the OCAD U learning management system, called Canvas. Your Canvas account will be enabled one week prior to the start date of your course.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with using your account.
Many OCAD U courses can be applied towards a certificate. Explore to learn more.
Students seeking a certificate must register with OCAD U via the APPLY link on the page for the certificate concerned.
Contact email@example.com for questions concerning certificates available or to confirm your chosen set of courses will qualify.
- Blender practical knowledge that will allow the student to develop projects independently
- Knowledge on interface, preferences and main editors for creation and output of 3D content
- Knowledge on modelling, editing tools geometries, modifiers & topological levels
- Knowledge on texture mapping, lighting & rendering output using Cycles
- Knowledge on camera & geometries animation, basic particles systems and physics
- 6 online sessions
Please note that courses may be canceled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.