This course is geared towards beginner fly anglers and people interested in taking up fly fishing. Participants learn the basics of equipment, how to tie knots, fly casting, entomology of lakes and rivers, fishing tactics and fishing ethics. The course will end on a high note with a field trip for some dry fly fishing.
- Introduction to fly fishing equipment
- Fly fishing rivers and lakes
- Entomology and flies
- Equipment and methods
- Knots: Clinch knot, mono non-slip loop knot, perfection loop, nail knot and surgeon's knots
- Fly casting
- Three Wednesday classes: May 19, 26 and June 2 from 6:00pm - 9:00pm.
- June 8 + 9 for fishing field trip. Details to be confirmed.