The Introduction to Indigenous Tourism program prepares students for potential career opportunities in the Indigenous tourism industry. Indigenous tourism is a rapidly growing sector in British Columbia’s tourism industry with an increased demand for qualified workers. Participants will gain practical skills and knowledge in Indigenous tourism, cultural interpretation, and eco-tourism.
The program is beneficial to individuals who currently work in tourism, but would like to enhance their current knowledge, skills, and industry certificates; or, those who are interested in a career in a tourism-related field.
· Introduction to Indigenous Cultural Tourism
· Indigenous Tourism Marketing
· Cultural Tourism Product Development
· Cultural Interpretation Training
· Introduction to Indigenous Cultural Tourism Career Opportunities
· Tourism Customer Service Training
· Guest Speakers from around Northwest BC
- Help increase Indigenous tourism development in Northwest BC
- Establish more capacity for future tourism products in the region
- Assist communities to build on existing, or help develop new Indigenous tourism initiatives
- contribute to the number of skilled workers in the Indigenous tourism industry through training, while providing industry certification and opportunity to make connections with regional tourism providers
- Work with interested community members and Indigenous tourism entrepreneurs to establish and grow their business
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.