This is a hands-on, fast-paced course where students learn the fundamentals of editing video and audio using Adobe Premiere Pro CC. Topics include basic video and audio effects, working with text and images in video, and creating video for online content. Students acquire editing skills as they develop their own creative projects.
For online Adobe classes, students are responsible for purchasing their own software for class. Trial versions of the software are sometimes available on the Adobe website, but at this time there are no discounts available for Continuing Studies students.
This course is offered in partnership with OCAD University to offer a wide range of courses for enhancing your career expertise in web, design, photography, analytics, and technology.
Working with your OCAD U account
As a student, you will receive an OCAD U user account, which will grant you access to the OCAD U learning management system, called Canvas. Your Canvas account will be enabled one week prior to the start date of your course.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with using your account.
Many OCAD U courses can be applied towards a certificate. Explore the courses to learn more.
Note that students seeking a certificate must register with OCAD U via the APPLY link on the page for the certificate concerned.
Contact email@example.com for questions concerning certificates available or to confirm your chosen set of courses will qualify.
- Identify and demonstrate the procedures for creating a new project, understand media management and basic workflows within Adobe Premiere Pro
- Create basic video effects and transitions in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Import and export graphic, audio and video files to and from Adobe Premiere Pro
- Mix audio elements, adjust audio levels and add transitions
- Add titles, closed captions and perform basic color correction to video clips
- 6 online classroom sessions
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.