The use of mass timber is growing in BC, bringing jobs in construction, design, and fabrication.
This course focusses on Building Information Modeling (BIM) and its implementation in day-to-day workflow with emphasis on mass-timber applications. The importance of the exchange between structural, architectural and manufacturer models is covered, along with the necessary definitions, tools, file exchange formats, and philosophy to use BIM effectively. Examples from a small fictional mass-timber project illustrate workflow, information exchange, and how to work with a consolidated BIM model.
This course is being delivered virtually via Zoom. It can be taken on its own or as a component of the Mass Timber Development Micro-Credential.
- Understand the philosophy and value of BIM
- Describe the mass-timber-specific benefits of BIM
- Demonstrate proper workflow incorporating a consolidated BIM model
- Manage BIM information through file exchange
- Identify the opportunities and clarify misconceptions of BIM
- Understand the added value of BIM to facilities management and renovation or demolition projects
- Identify areas and opportunities to increase project efficiency
The $250 promotional prices is for the 2022-23 school year only.