The Occupational Health and Safety Fundamentals course introduces students to the historic path the field of occupational health and safety has followed, from its early beginnings in workplace tragedies to what it looks like in Canada today. An overview of safety systems, safety programs, safety resources and safety theories lay the foundation for building your understanding of the occupational health and safety field.
- Important lessons learned from the history of OH&S in British Columbia, Canada, and around the world
- Understanding of safety theories, systems, and programs including the role of the OH&S practitioner
- Discover the key components of a safety program and the basic OH&S principles that form the basis for OH&S legislation in different jurisdictions
- Identification of resources and codes of ethics available to OH&S practitioners
This course is one of 10 courses that make up the Occupational Health & Safety Online Certificate for Practitioners (OH&S). Students have the option to enrol in individual courses without having to complete the OH&S Certificate.
- Online courses are non-refundable.