The OH&S Legislation: Acts & Regulations course introduces students to the complex tangle of legislation, guidelines, and regulations that today's OH&S practitioners encounter today. The course helps you unravel the confusion by identifying key pieces of federal and provincial legislation, such as the Workers Compensation Act and Bill C-45.
The course also examines the role of important safety organizations, such as WorkSafeBC, the BC Safety Authority, and the Employers' Advisers Office.
- Understanding of occupational health and safety law in different Canadian jurisdictions
- Distinguish between different OH&S responsibilities of employers, workers, agencies, and the government
- Ability to identify applicable OH&S standards and guidelines, code, and acts
- Awareness of specific legislation, such as the Mines Act and Bill C-45, and applying the Concept of Due Diligence
This course is one of 10 courses that make up the Occupational Health & Safety Online Certificate for Practitioners (OH&S). Students have the option to enrol in individual courses without having to complete the OH&S Certificate.
- Online courses are non-refundable.