Hazardous Materials and Occupational Hygiene examines health hazards at work – both common and significant – and how to manage those hazards. The course examines the main players involved in occupational hygiene and their role. Through a comprehensive examination of different hazards and related control measures, students gain insight into how to keep workers from exposure to dangerous substances and forces.
- Identify common occupational hygiene problems and how to handle them within the OH&S regulatory framework
- Explain the specific safety challenges of confined space entry
- Distinguish between regulated exposure limits for different substances, and apply the hierarchy of controls to specific hazards
- Define different types of chemical, physical, and biological health hazards, how workers can be exposed to them, and the effects they can have
This course is one of 10 courses that make up the Occupational Health & Safety Online Certificate for Practitioners (OH&S). Students have the option to enrol in individual courses without having to complete the OH&S Certificate.
- Online courses are non-refundable.