The Accident Investigation and Reporting course examines workplace incidents and how to investigate such incidents. This course introduces you to investigation concepts, what causes incidents, and what factors contribute to them.
Students learn effective techniques for gathering evidence and dealing with workers involved in what is a traumatic situation. Being able to outline the investigation process you will be prepared to collect and analyze data, write reports, and conduct incident reviews.
- Summarize the basic concepts of accidents, incidents, and investigations
- Categorize types of incidents, the causes, and key facts about incidents
- Identify contributing factors to incidents
- Explain the investigation process
- Discuss the process of writing the incident report and following up
This course is one of 10 courses that make up the Occupational Health & Safety Online Certificate for Practitioners (OH&S). Students have the option to enrol in individual courses without having to complete the OH&S Certificate.
- Online courses are non-refundable.