This micro-credential provides students with the essential skills required to produce high-quality photographs using a digital SLR camera. Students will learn how to edit and modify their images using Adobe Photoshop. Organizing and exporting photographs to print and other online platforms will be explored.
Micro-credential includes two courses:
Register at least two business days in advance of each course.
This stackable micro-credential can be applied towards the Continuing Studies certificate in Photography, Video, and Animation Studio Skills as two qualifying courses.
What is a Micro-Credential?
Micro-credentials are short, focused credentials that verify mastery of a skill or competency, and are designed to target high-demand skills, leading to faster hiring.
Micro-credentials are awarded in a digital form, which is verified, secure and shareable with peers, employers and educational providers.
Micro-credentials are not for university degree credit.
Working with Your OCAD U Account
As a student, you will receive an OCAD U user account, which will grant you access to the OCAD U learning management system, called Canvas.
Your Canvas account will be enabled one week prior to the start date of your course. Login at canvas.ocadu.ca.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance using your Canvas account.
Other questions about Micro-Credentials and registration? We are here to help - contact email@example.com.
- Students must complete the two qualifying courses within twelve months.
- Students must submit the online micro-credential request form along with the administrative fee to obtain the micro-credential and digital badge.
- Instructors assess the student's work and issue a grade of pass or fail.
- Students must receive a passing grade in the course, for the course to qualify for the micro-credential.
- An in-depth understanding of digital camera functions
- A basic understanding of photographic composition theory
- An intermediate understanding of the editing and image modification capabilities in Adobe Photoshop
- The ability to organize, edit, and export photographs for print and other online platforms
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.