Project Management Course: Quality for Project Managers - Virtual Delivery
Organizations are under pressure to respond rapidly to change, meet customer needs and maximize resources. Project Managers help organizations meet these challenges by establishing consistent, repeatable methodologies that reduce risk, cut waste and provide a competitive advantage.
Quality for Project Managers will teach you how to develop or improve the quality programs at your workplace. You will use systems thinking to plan quality into your project, prioritize requirements to meet customers' quality needs, select quality assurance and quality control activities that are tailor-fit to your project, and use quality management processes, tools, and metrics to increase the likelihood of project success.
You will use a Quality Management Plan to document and structure a thoughtful approach to project quality management. You will gain insight into applying quality planning, quality assurance, and quality control to real-world projects.
Training follows the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), by the Project Management Institute, and is taught by experienced PMP®-certified instructors. Offered in partnership with Global Knowledge.
Quality for Project Management can be taken individually or as part of the Associate Certificate in Project Management as offered by UNBC Continuing Studies.
This course qualifies you for the following PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs):
- Strategic and Business Management = 6
- Technical Project Management = 15
- Total = 21
- Apply systems thinking when planning quality into your project
- Develop or improve quality programs at your workplace based on modern quality theories and approaches
- Determine quality assurance activities for your project and how to measure them
- Prioritize requirements to better meet customer needs and ensure quality
- Relationship between risk and quality
- Develop a quality management plan for your project
- Determine the impact of quality assurance activities on the critical path
- Select the appropriate quality assurance and quality control tools for your project
- Plan and perform a quality audit for your project
- Alan Goodbrand
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.