Storyboarding for Media Production
In this studio course, students learn to create sequential art and concept rendering for film, television, games, and online projects. Participants should learn how to interpret scripts and creative briefs with specific graphics and illustrations.
Course topics include scale, location, shot descriptions, sequential effects, animatics, typography integration, source image reference use and compositing, sketching live from descriptions, and other key illustration techniques.Studio work will be supported by demonstrations, slide presentations, and critique.
For online Adobe classes, students are responsible for purchasing their own software for class. Trial versions of the software are sometimes available on the company website, but at this time there are no discounts available for Continuing Studies students.
This course is offered in partnership with OCAD University to offer a wide range of courses for enhancing your career expertise in web, design, photography, analytics, and technology.
Working With Your OCAD account
As a student, you will receive an OCAD U user account, which will grant you access to the OCAD U learning management system, called Canvas. Your Canvas account will be enabled one week prior to the start date of your course. Login at canvas.ocadu.ca.
Contact email@example.com for assistance with using your account.
Many OCAD U courses can be applied towards a certificate. Explore to learn more.
Note that students seeking a certificate must register with OCAD U via the APPLY link on the page for the certificate concerned.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions concerning certificates available or to confirm your chosen set of courses will qualify.
- Gain understanding in the use of relevant vocabularies of storyboarding, film, media organization, design, concept/content creation
- Interpret contextual uses of storyboarding formats and apply design techniques to visually communicate a project’s vision
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of drawing approaches by skillfully applying a full range of rendering techniques and appropriate media to create their storyboards
- Conceptualize cinematic and new media treatments and scripts into a thoughtful storyboard
- Utilize visual literacy garnered from figure, drawing, movement and perspective to develop the visual acuity to plan the best design their own storyboards
- 6 online classroom sessions
- Otino Corsano
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.