User Testing and Launch for Human Centered Design Micro-credential
Building on existing collaborative relationships between OCAD University and the University's industry partners, the Human-Centred Design Micro-Credential Series focuses on key skills in areas of product design and development. This micro-credential will be developed in collaboration with Myant Inc.
User Testing + Launch is the third micro-credential that completes the Human-Centred Design Series. This micro-credential consists of one intensive course that builds on the research and design knowledge gained from the Empathy + Social Insight for Human-Centred Design and Ideation + Prototyping for Human-Centred Design micro-credentials. Students gain the skills required to conduct user testing, implement design iterations, and complete the final stages of design and development before launching a new product.
This course is offered in partnership with OCAD University to offer a wide range of courses for enhancing your career expertise in web, design, photography, analytics, and technology.
Working with Your OCAD U Account
As a student, you will receive an OCAD U user account, which will grant you access to the OCAD U learning management system, called Canvas. Your Canvas account will be enabled one week prior to the start date of your course. Login at canvas.ocadu.ca.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with using your account.
Many OCAD U courses can be applied towards a certificate. Explore to learn more.
Note that students seeking a certificate must register with OCAD U via the APPLY link on the page for the certificate concerned.
Contact email@example.com for questions concerning certificates available or to confirm your chosen set of courses will qualify.
- The ability to describe and embed the design principles of why, where, and how to use these skills
- The ability to apply principles of design thinking into the final stage of a product design
- An intermediate understanding of inclusive and accessible design practices
- The ability to describe and embed the cycle of user research to iterate/validate ideas
- The ability to embed iterative design around constraints
- The ability to conduct user testing, collect feedback, and apply new findings to update assumptions
- An understanding of the relevant components to plan a product launch
- An understanding of the interpersonal and communication skills required to collaborate with production teams and manage stakeholders
- An understanding of the methods of evaluating and monitoring the success of a launch
- 6 online classroom sessions
Please note that courses may be cancelled at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.