Contracts and Supply Chain Management at the University of Northern British Columbia procures materials, supplies, equipment and services required by UNBC faculty, staff and researchers.
Policies and procedures
Contracts and Supply Chain Management works under federal and provincial government regulations as well as the University's Contracts and Supply Chain Management Policies and Procedures. Please refer to the UNBC Policies and Procedures website for further details. These policies and procedures are guidelines for order placement depending on the dollar value of the purchase.
The goal of the policies and procedures is to incorporate sound business practices and to maximize the benefit of each dollar spent. By adhering to the Purchasing Policies and Procedures, the end-user can be assured of:
- Receiving timely and effective service
- Maximizing the University's resources
- Reducing potential liabilities and conflict of interest situations
End users may procure goods or services by four methods:
- Petty cash for purchases under $50.00
- UNBC procurement MasterCard
- Authorized UNBC purchase order number available only from Contracts and Supply Chain Management, prior to placing any order
- Authorized UNBC service contract available only from Contracts and Supply Chain Management
To obtain a purchase order number or service you must submit a web requisition to Contracts and Supply Chain Management, including signatures, coding, and a sufficient description of the goods or services.
Contracts and Supply Chain Management works closely with the following organizations: