How do I get a WebReq tab?
You must personally attend a WebReq orientation session.
How do I attend a WebReq orientation session?
Please email email@example.com to request available dates and times.
Do I need to enter a vendor in my WebReq?
No you do not need to enter a vendor. You may leave this space blank.
What happens if I enter a vendor and the name appears in red?
Nothing, a red vendor name is not an indication of anything wrong.
What happens if the dollar amount is red?
A red dollar figure means the accounting is out of balance. The dollar value you are trying to requisition does not match the dollar amount you are distributing to the fund, org, account, program, activity, location codes (FOAPAL).
Do I need to enter information in the program, activity, location codes?
No, you do not need to enter the information here if it does not apply to your budget.
Do I need to enter information in the fund, org, and account code blocks?
This information needs to be complete before the requisition is submitted to Contracts and Supply Chain Management. It does not need to be completed before it is forwarded to another individual. For example, if you are requisitioning an item and you do not know where the Dean would like it to be coded, you may leave it blank and ask the Dean to complete it before submitting it to Contracts and Supply Chain Management.
How do the taxes work?
Taxes are not factored into the Web Requisition until you have clicked on the 'forward' button. Once on page two of the web requisition, you will see at the bottom of the page that the full GST and PST have been added to the requisition amount. Do not include the taxes in the unit price you enter. When entering the commodity information, this dollar figure should be without taxes. If there is something you need to tell Contracts and Supply Chain Management about the taxes, for example, that the item is PST exempt, please do so using the Additional Information Dialogue Bubble (located on the top right of the screen). The change will be made after Contracts and Supply Chain Management pushes your requisition into Banner.
How do I add information?
To add information, click on the bright green plus sign.
How do I edit information that has already been entered?
To change any text that has already been entered, click on the pencil icon.
How do I save information?
To save, either click on the button that says 'save' or click on the diskette icon.
What does the icon with a bright green plus sign and a diskette mean?
By clicking on this it will save the information you already entered and then prompt you to add either another commodity or accounting line.
What is the difference between the red 'X' and the pencil with the red line through it?
If you click on the red 'x', it will delete the entire line. If you click on the pencil with the red line through it, it will delete the information entered, but the line will remain for you to enter different information.
Where do comments, attachments, notes, information, etc. go?
There are a number of ways you can include extra information with your requisition.
- Comments – the comments space on the top part of the requisition is information that will appear on the PO. This is only to be used if it is instructions for the vendor.
- Attachments – there is a little square at the top of the requisition. Check this off if you are going to send additional information to Contracts and Supply Chain Management through internal mail. If you do send additional information through internal mail, you MUST write the web requisition number on the paper.
- Quote - there is a little square at the top of the requisition. Check this off if you are going to send a quote to Contracts and Supply Chain Management through internal mail. If you do send a quote through internal mail, you MUST write the WebReq number on the paper.
After you click on the 'save' button, more tabs will appear at the top of the requisition. The paperclip attachment button allows you to attach information electronically. For example, these attachments may be quotes that you have received electronically or scanned into a PDF file. The information you attach electronically to the requisition will stay with the requisition forever and be accessed by anyone whom the requisition is electronically forwarded to, including Contracts and Supply Chain Management.
After you click on the 'save' button, more tabs will appear at the top of the requisition. This button allows you to write information regarding the requisition. For example, this information may be instructions to Contracts and Supply Chain Management regarding important delivery dates. The information you add here will not appear on the PO, but it will stay with the requisition forever and be accessed by anyone whom the requisition is electronically forwarded to.
After you click on the 'save' button, more tabs will appear at the top of the requisition. Please do not use this button.
Additional Comments – after you have completed the first page of the requisition and you press the 'forwarding' button at the bottom of the page, you will see another section at the bottom of page 2 titled 'enter additional comments here'. This is where you would enter information for anyone receiving your WebReq. Examples: 'please approve and submit to Contracts and Supply Chain Management' or 'please complete coding and forward to VP'. This information will appear in the e-mail notice that the person receives when you forward the requisition to them electronically. The information remains with the requisition and can only be accessed when viewing the approval history of the web requisition.
What happens when a web requisition has been forwarded to me?
You will receive an email notice. Open the e-mail to see if you have been forwarded any additional comments. From here you may click on the link that will take you to the FAST website.
- Click on the Web Requisition tab and then 'Requisitions'. There you will see 'Open' with a black triangle beside it. When you place your cursor over that, you will see 'Approvals' with a black triangle beside that.
- Place your cursor over this section and a web requisition number or numbers will appear.
- Click on the one you would like to view. After reviewing it, you can make changes and/or forward it on to another individual or to Contracts and Supply Chain Management. Please note if you do make any changes, the change will occur to all versions of the requisition. The person who initiated the requisition will not have any record of the information they originally entered unless they have printed a copy. If you are going to make changes to the information someone else had entered, please inform them. This may be done by returning the requisition to them and advising them that they need to make the change and re-submit it to you or by noting this in either the Additional Information or Additional Comments area.
Can graduate students have access to FAST WebReq?
Access to WebReq may be given to any employee who has personally attended a WebReq orientation session and can be given access to the FAST portal web site. In order to be given access to FAST portal, you must be an employee of the University. An indicator as to whether or not access can be granted is whether or not you appear in the University’s phone directory. If you are uncertain as to whether or not you meet the parameters for access, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, access to FAST can be arranged for individuals who would otherwise be denied. Such a request should be made by the supervisor to Leslie Burke.