The Omicron variant of COVID-19 continues to present challenges for us all. I write today to provide an update to our plans regarding the upcoming semester.
- The semester will begin as scheduled on Jan. 5, 2022.
- Almost all classes will be delivered online through the end of Friday Jan. 14.
- A few courses, such as labs, will remain in person during this time as scheduled.
- After this Jan. 5 – 14 period, many courses will be in-person, but some will remain in alternate modes of delivery until Jan. 28.
- Instructors will provide more details about the delivery method of their courses.
UNBC campuses and services will remain open during the Winter semester. This includes services such as counselling, the medical clinic, the Access Resource Centre, on-campus housing, the Agora Dining Hall, First Nations Centre, and the Geoffrey R. Weller Library. Due to a new Provincial Health Order issued on Tuesday Dec. 21, however, the Charles Jago Northern Sport Centre is closed until Jan. 18, 2022.
For employees working on campuses, please continue to work with your supervisors to ensure service delivery. For employees working remotely, please continue to work with your supervisors in consultation with the Remote Work Arrangements Principles and Guidance document.
We continue to plan in a way that is right for UNBC. We’re keeping in mind the balance of the health and safety of the UNBC community and ensuring an excellent academic experience for students.
Please visit our COVID-19 Response and Planning website and if you have questions, please send them to email@example.com
Thank you and stay safe!
President and Vice Chancellor (Interim)