Reading break is behind us as we prepare to complete the remainder of the winter semester. I’ll take this opportunity to thank you, the members of the UNBC community, whose shared efforts have led us to where we are today.
You have committed to wearing masks, getting vaccinated, teaching, learning and working in entirely new environments, and being genuinely kind to one another. Your efforts have made UNBC’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic one that is based on science, employed best practices, and keeps our community’s health and well-being as the top priority. Thank you all!
Rapid Test Availability
UNBC received its delivery of rapid test kits and distribution is underway to the Community. Tests will be available for all students and employees who are on campus and providing in-person service, teaching, conducting research, receiving service or attending classes.
Each of you will receive a carton of five rapid test kits. The kits are provided for symptomatic testing of employees and students; they are not meant for asymptomatic screening.
- Prince George campus: Kits will be provided to faculty and staff through your department/programs.
- Regional campuses and sites: Expect delivery this week for faculty, staff and students.
- Housing Students: The housing office will notify you regarding the distribution of your kits.
- Graduate students: Collect your kits from the NBCGSS lounge (availability and times to be communicated by NBCGSS)
- Undergraduate students: Collect your kits from the NUGSS office (availability and times to be communicated by NUGSS)
In closing, please get vaccinated and continue to wear masks. Please remember that we have as a community committed to wearing masks until at least the end of the semester, even if those restrictions are reduced provincially. It will afford us a little more protection as we move forward.
Your efforts over the past two years have made a significant difference in the efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and in the overall health of our community. Thank you, again!
President and Vice Chancellor (Interim)