Jump to navigation
- I. K. Barber Enhanced Forestry Lab (EFL) consists of four greenhouse compartments (three at 49m2 and one at 55m2) with temperature control, HPS lighting control, heating/venting control and humidity sensing.
- Two of the compartments are equipped with automated watering/fertigation booms and one portable fogging system can be deployed in any pod.
- Environmental controls are monitored by a central in-house computer system. A UNBC Building Controls Systems Technician is available to monitor or modify existing control systems.
- The header house contains a large instructional/research lab as well as a soil preparation area. A special dust suppression room is available for conducting wood quality work and soils characterization research.
- The UNBC Tree Ring Lab is housed in the EFL.
- Attached to the header house is a large outdoor fenced compound (10 m x 25 m).
- An unheated storage shed (15 m x 15 m) is also available to store research equipment.
- Eleven offices are included in the facility. A list of occupants can be obtained by contacting a Greenhouse Technician.