Whom do I contact in the case of an accident or emergency?
- Contact Security immediately at 250-960-7058 or call the emergency line at 3333.
Whom do I contact for emergency maintenance / repairs?
- During the hours of 8:00am to 4:30pm please contact Facilities Management at 250-960-6407 or 250-960-6400. After 4:30pm please contact security at 250-960-7058. There is a Shift Engineer who is in contact with Security staff 24 hours a day, 365 days a year that can attend to emergency maintenance problems.
Operations & Maintenance
How do I initiate a service request if I work on campus?
- To submit a service request please visit the online WebTMA Service Request site.
How do I initiate a service request if I live in residence?
- To submit a service request for the residences please visit the Housing office in Neyoh.
Whom do I contact regarding a new project and general information?
- Please contact the Office Administrator at 250-960-6400 regarding a new project and general information. To initiate a new project request please fill out the Renovation and/or Project Request Form and return to Facilities Management.
Key Requests & Returns
How do I request a key / access device for a room on campus?
- A Key & Other Access Device Request Form is available online or can be obtained from the Facilities Management office. Please fill it out in full and return to the Facilities Management office. Any forms not filled out in full, including the required authorization signature(s), will not be processed. Once the request has been processed, you will be e-mailed when the key is ready for pick-up and any deposit information that may be required.
*Note: the return of all keys / access devices is the responsibility of the individual they were issued to. The failure to return keys / access devices will result in the loss of any deposits paid for the issued keys and may cause additional fees for the authorizing department.
Where do I bring keys / access devices to be returned?
- Keys must be returned to Facilities Management in room B014 in the Charles J. McCaffray Hall. A Key Return form will need to be filled out, available only at the Facilities office.
Whom do I contact if I have a question about key requests?
- Please contact a Facilities Assistant at 250-960-6403 with any questions about keys / access devices.
Whom do I contact with questions regarding routine / special cleaning needs?
- Sodexo is the contractor responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all buildings at UNBC. Please submit an online WebTMA Service Request or contact the Office Administrator, at 250-960-6400 with any janitorial inquiries.
Whom do I contact to arrange for urgent cleaning needs?
- Please contact Facilities Management at 250-960-6403 or 250-960-6407 and we will contact Sodexo for clean-up.
Garbage Collection Schedule
- Daily Pick-up - classrooms, labs, lecture theatres, washrooms, kitchenettes & common areas
- Weekly Pick-up - Offices
Garbage's are normally removed on Thursdays however; some cleaning zones are too large to be done all in one night so the collection is split to ensure other requirements are completed.
Buildings with offices on more than one level are scheduled as:
- 1st floor - Mondays
- 2nd floor - Tuesdays
- 3rd floor - Wednesday
- 4th floor - Thursdays
As offices are only entered on a weekly basis, the day the garbage is scheduled for pickup, please dispose of any organics in either:
- Green compost bin located around campus
- Kitchenette garbage
- Common area garbage
Whom do I contact with questions about recycling / waste removal?
- Please contact the Facilities Assistant, Maintenance 250-960-6407.
Whom do I contact to report pest control problems?
- Please submit an online WebTMA Service Request or contact Facilities Management at 250-960-6406 or 250-960-6407.
Campus Planning & Capital Projects
Whom do I contact regarding upcoming construction and renovations?
- Please contact the Office Administrator at 250-960-6400.
Whom do I contact if I have a new staff member joining the university and they require an office?
- Please complete a Space Allocation Request Form in full and return to Facilities Management. Contact the Space Allocation Coordinator at 250-960-5158.
Whom do I contact if I have snow & ice control hazard concerns?
- Please contact a Facilities Assistant at 250-960-6403 or 250-960-6407 or submit an online WebTMA Service Request.