Payments sent to the University will be applied to the oldest charges first unless otherwise specified, e.g. Graduation Fee, Application Fee, Housing charges, etc.
All payments are due on the first day of the semester. Students are responsible for checking their online accounts regularly to ensure their account is up to date. UNBC does not send out student invoices by mail.
Late payment penalties at the monthly rate of 2% will be assessed on any outstanding balance when the account reaches 30 days past due and every 30 days subsequent until the account is paid in full.
Online payments are accepted 24/7 on our secure server. Your payment will be processed immediately after approval.
Payment methods: Visa and Mastercard and Interac Online Debit from participating financial institutions
- Sign in to your student account
- Go to student online services
- Select student records
- Select account summary by term
Pay by Internet Banking
Set up online banking to pay your UNBC tuition, housing, and fees like any other bill.
To pay with online banking:
- Log on to your bank’s online system
- Add UNBC BILLPAY as a payee on your bill payment profile
- The account number is your UNBC student identification number
- Go to “make a payment”
- Enter amount of payment
- Record “confirmation number” for your records
- Payments may take 2-3 business days to be posted to your UNBC student account.
Participating financial institutions: Bank of Montreal, Scotiabank (more to come)
Important: Please do not make non-student payments to UNBC BILLPAY account.
Pay in person
Pay in person at the UNBC Cashier Office, located on Student Services Street next to the Office of the Registrar. Tuition payments are also accepted at UNBC's regional offices in Terrace, Fort St. John and Quesnel.
Payment methods: Cash, debit, cheques, money orders, Visa, Master Card, American Express, Passports to Education and Youth Options are accepted.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Please be reminded that line-ups will be long during the first few weeks of the start of the semester, and temporary extended hours will be available.
Pay by phone
Call 250-960-5631 during regular work hours (Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) to pay by phone. Please be aware our cashiers are often busy serving students and may experience delays.
Payment methods: Credit card (Visa, Mastercard and American Express)
Pay at a bank
Payments can be made at any bank, but payments processed through any BMO Bank of Montreal will be received more quickly.
UNBC's bank information:
Routing transit: 000107410
Details: Student account number
Pay by mail
Bank drafts and cheques drawn in Canadian dollars should be made payable to the "University of Northern British Columbia" and can be mailed to:
University of Northern British Columbia
3333 University Way
Prince George, BC V2N 4Z9
To ensure that your account is correctly credited please provide the student name, student number and brief description on the face of the cheque.
Please do not mail cash or email credit card information!
Pay by wire transfer
Wire transfers can be made from your Canadian bank to the University's account using the instructions below.
Wire transfer details
SWIFT code (must have): BOFMCAM2
Name: Bank of Montreal
Street Address: 1445 West Central Street
City, Country: Prince George, BC Canada V2M 5S5
Beneficiary Name: University of Northern British Columbia
Beneficiary contact #: 250-960-5516
Bank Institution Number: 001
Bank Transit Number: 07410
Bank Account Number: 1083260
Bank Routing Number: 000107410
Street Address: 3333 University Way
City, Country: Prince George, BC Canada V2N 4Z9
Bank Comments/Details: Student Name and ID/Client # OR Invoice #
Please email backup pertaining to wire transfers (EFT/ACH) to firstname.lastname@example.org
UNBC’s preferred payments platform: Western Union GlobalPay for Students.
Funds will be credited to your UNBC account in Canadian dollars once payments are received. Please do not send more tuition than is required. Any overpayment will be credited to future semesters.
- Enter the GlobalPay for Students platform
- Process payment: Select payment currency, enter amount in Canadian dollars, choose payment method, enter your student number (9 digits) and details, and finalize the transaction.
- Bank transfer payment: Print the payment instructions form to make a payment with your bank. Your local bank will handle the rest for you, ensuring that the correct funds reach UNBC quickly.
- Track your payment
Have more questions?
Visit tips and frequently asked questions on using Western Union GlobalPay for Students.
Benefits of this service
This service allows you to pay in your local currency using a range of local online payment options or bank transfer. The benefits are:
- Pay fees in your currency
- Choose from one of several languages to guide you through the payment
- Easy to use on your smartphone and other mobile devices
- Pay online or by bank transfer
- Avoid fees and international foreign exchange charges from your bank
- Rest assured knowing your payments are received in full by UNBC
- Track your payment status by text and email
- Get price and payment options upfront with the price comparison tool