Food Service Safety
UNBC Food Services safety procedures ensure students, staff, and faculty enjoy the best possible dining experience. Our Health & Safety strategy for food preparation and service centers on reducing surface contact and sanitizing surfaces frequently. Dana Hospitality is committed to supporting the provincial vaccine mandates.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Are Doing
Agora Dining Hall and Catering Services
- Staff will work directly with guests to ensure dietary and allergy needs are exceeded.
- We provide reusable dishware that is sanitized and washed following strict safety protocols. Plates, cutlery, cups, and mugs are supplied at food stations.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures with increased cleaning frequency in high-touch areas.
- Staff are asked to stay home if they are ill.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout campus, and transparent shields are at the service counters.
What you can do
- Please wait for one guest to be served at a time.
- If possible, please pay cashless with your UNBC Card (Dining Dollars), debit/credit card.
- While face masks are not required we do recommend wearing one while not eating.
- If you touch it, then please take it. To reduce touch points, please only touch items you are taking.
- Stay home when you are ill or if you have flu symptoms such as fever or cough.
- Remember to thoroughly wash/sanitize your hands for 30 seconds before and after having a meal.
Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe!