Electric Vehicle Charging
- Siemens VersiCharge Level 2 charging units
- J1772 plug with 20 ft cable
- Up to 9.6 kW output: can charge a 40kWh battery in approximately 4-1/2 hours
- Time delay capable
- Operate in conditions of -35oC to +50oC
- Simple to use, no additional fees, and no RFID chip card required
There are two locations to charge an EV on campus:
- Parking Lot B - 2 chargers
- Hospitality Services (East side of CJMH/building 3) - 1 charger
- Carefully remove the connector from it's holster and plug it into your vehicle. Charging will begin automatically! No buttons to push or access cards required.
- Pressing the round 'touch sensitive' button will enable a time delay of either 2, 4, 6, or 8 hours. Press it once more to cycle back to instant charging.
- Before you leave, check your vehicle and the charging unit to ensure charging has commenced. If you encounter any issues call, visit, or email Facilites at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note Facilities does not monitor who is using chargers. They're available on a first come, first served basis. We do ask for everyone's cooperation in ensuring your EV occupies a charging space only while necessary, then the space be made available to other members of our community.
For more information and troubleshooting, please review the VersiCharge operations manual.