Save the date for Green Day 2023!
For UNBC’s Green Day event, we are focusing on local, green initiatives. There will be a number of vendors with diverse outlooks on sustainable development and climate action, so be sure to come check out some new ideas!
Date: Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Time: 9:30am – 7:00pm
Location: Various locations on campus
Schedule of Events
Morning Session: 9:30-11:30
- Oral and poster presentations on Green-focused research
Afternoon Session: 12:00-7:00
- 12:00-1:30 in the Bentley Centre (7-172): Film Screening of Beyond Climate followed by a Q&A with David Suzuki and Ian Mauro
Beyond Climate takes viewers beyond the headlines and into the heart of the issues. The film holistically connects the larger patterns of climate change with the human dimension, and what it looks like across BC from the top of the mountains to the depths of the oceans. Shot throughout the province over many years, the collective wisdom and perspectives of Indigenous leaders, local communities, scientists, and policymakers are featured. Come watch the film and have questions ready for film producer, Ian Mauro, and world renowned environmental activist, David Suzuki.
- 2:00-4:00 in the Bentley Centre: Painting session with local Prince George artist, Emily Wilson
Join Prince George artist, Emily Wilson, for a fun and collaborative painting event. You will have the chance to paint a small piece of a larger artwork, depicting what nature means to you. These pieces will be put together to be displayed at UNBC. Supplies provided.
- 2:00-4:00 in the Winter Garden area: Green market with local Prince George Vendors
- Stock up on some local, green gifts from vendors including Homespun Refillery, Clover Fields Apiaries, and plants from SGU
- 2:00-4:00 in the Winter Garden Area: Green Activities and booths
- Learn how to mend your own clothing, about the expansion of the David Douglas Botanical Garden, how to drive and EV in the north, and more
- 4:00-7:00: Climate cook-in hosted by Eco-Living Community
- Register for the climate cook-in here