The UNBC Green Centre is excited to introduce the Green Residence Program, a program focused on green and sustainable living in our Residences. Our aim is to help reduce UNBC's energy and resource use, while promoting a healthier living and learning environment on campus. The Program is simple: commit to simple green actions, get certified, and get entered into a draw for awesome prizes.
How to Get Certified
- Commit as a suite to pursue the Green Residence Certification.
- Designate a primary contact for your suite.
- Register your suite into the program by emailing email@example.com with you building, suite number, names of your participating roommates, and a fun group photo of you and your roommates.
- Complete the Green Residence Certification Checklist. Initial the box beside each action that you do, sign the checklist, and pass to your next roommate to complete.
- Submit your completed checklist to the Green Centre or to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2015 to be entered into the prize draw.
- Resubmit your checklist each semester if you would like to improve your certification level.
Up to 1 point will be awarded for each action completed, and will be scaled based on how many of your roommates have completed that item. For example, if 3 out of 4 roommates complete an action, your suite will receive 0.75 points for that action. If everyone completes a given action, your suite will receive 1 point for that action. Certifications will be awarded based on the total number of points earned by your suite.
- Bronze Certified - 25% committed (15 points)
- Silver Certified - 50% committed (30 points)
- Gold Certified - 75% committed (45 points)
- Green Certified - 100% committed (61 points)
Submit your completed Green Residence Certification Checklist to the Green Centre or to email@example.com by November 30, 2015 to be entered into the prize draw. One winning suite will be chosen by random draw and will receive up to $100 in gift certificates ($25 per participant) for a store or restaurant of your choice.