The UNBC Green Centre is excited to introduce the Green Residence Program, a program focused on green and sustainable living in our Residences. Our aim is to help reduce UNBC's energy and resource use, while promoting a healthier living and learning environment on campus. The Program is simple: commit to simple green actions, get certified, and get entered into a draw for awesome prizes.
How to Get Certified
- Commit as a suite to pursue the Green Residence Certification.
- Designate a primary contact for your suite.
- Register your suite into the program by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with you building, suite number, names of your participating roommates, and a fun group photo of you and your roommates.
- Complete the Green Residence Certification Checklist. Initial the box beside each action that you do, sign the checklist, and pass to your next roommate to complete.
- Submit your completed checklist to the Green Centre or to email@example.com by November 30, 2015 to be entered into the prize draw.
- Resubmit your checklist each semester if you would like to improve your certification level.
- Bronze Certified - 25% committed (15 points)
- Silver Certified - 50% committed (30 points)
- Gold Certified - 75% committed (45 points)
- Green Certified - 100% committed (61 points)