Learn more about the registered nursing profession.
A registered nurse practices with people across the life span in diverse social environments including hospitals, clinics, communities, residential facilities, and schools. Registered nurses assess the health and social needs of individuals and communities, and provide care, education, and leadership in the areas of health promotion, illness and injury management, end of life care, health system organization, and population/global health.
Individuals must complete a four-year bachelor program.
For B.C. program information, visit:
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Camosun College – Partner (UVIC)
- Coast Mountain College – Partner (UNBC)
- College of New Caledonia – Partner (UNBC)
- Douglas College
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Langara College
- North Island College – Partner (VIU)
- Okanagan College – Partner (UBCO)
- Selkirk College – Partner (UVIC)
- Thompson Rivers University
- University of British Columbia
- University of Northern British Columbia - Partnered
- University of Victoria – Partnered
- Vancouver Island University - Partnered