Please feel free to reach out to the Housing and Residence Life Team for support and guidance. Support services for students are available both on and off-campus.
Housing applications for May (May-Aug), Spring (May & June) and Summer (July & Aug) are now OPEN! September Only (Sept-Dec), January Only (Jan-Apr) and Academic Year (Sept-Apr) will be opening soon.
Food Services / Meal Plan
Meal plans are available and the Agora Dining Hall is open. Please visit the Food Services website for details.
Currently, UNBC Residences are open at 85% occupancy. There is a maximum of four students per four-bedroom suite.
Move-in appointment bookings - September only
Each student must book their move-in time, and will be expected to adhere to their move-in time. Because of safety requirements surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we are unable to be flexible with move-in times. If students arrive outside of their booked move-in appointment, they will be asked to wait until their designated time. If you have accepted a Housing offer for an upcoming term, you will receive an email with move-in instructions approximately 3 weeks prior to move-in.
Guests in Residence
At this time students are allowed to bring in two guests.
Safety Measures in Residence
We will continue to provide the services and amenities that align with guidance from health authorities, and help create a healthy, safe and supportive community environment. Here are some of the things we are doing:
- Everyone is expected to wear a mask when they are outside of their suite.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing throughout all common areas.
- Additional hand sanitizer dispensers throughout Residence, as well as additional hand washing stations in laundry rooms.
- Signage and information campaigns promoting physical distancing, hand-washing and safety protocols.
- Elevator protocols have been adjusted and guidelines have been posted.
- All Housing and Residence life staff have been trained to refer residents with cold or flu-like symptoms to the appropriate health care professional.
Illness in Residence
A number of self-contained suites have been set aside for residents who become ill and require self-isolation/quarantine support after moving in. If this occurs, we will work to ensure all safety precautions are taken for ill individuals and other residents. Student residents who are ill are asked to contact the Housing Office for more information.
For students who are requiring COVID-19 testing, please follow the Northern Health link to book your test: COVID-19 Booking Website.