Welcome To Canada. We Are Excited For You To Join Our Community!
Applying For Housing - International Vs Exchange Program Student
When you are applying for housing, you will be asked to select a Student Designation which describes you best. select the International Student designation if you are a newly admitted International Undergraduate, Graduate or Post-Baccalaureate degree student, not participating in a formal exchange program. If you are participating in a formal exchange program, please select none of the above.
New International Student Applicant Terms
- New international students (excluding exchange students) applying to live in UNBC Residence, both Undergraduate and Master's level, must agree to have a $1,000 International Housing Deposit reallocated from the existing $7,500 International Student Admission Deposit. The $1,000 International Housing Deposit will be applied towards any applicable Residence Fees once the student arrives at the UNBC Residences.
- Note: The $1,000 International Housing Deposit is allocated from the $7,500 International Student Admission Deposit. As such, no additional payment is required - with the exception of the Housing Application Fee of $25.50 and Residence Room Deposit of $250.00.
- The refund policy for the $1,000 International Housing Deposit is different than the refund policy for the $7,500 International Student Admission Deposit.
- The full International Housing Deposit amount will be refunded if new international students are denied their study permit. Students will have to provide official documentation from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) indicating that their application for a Study Permit was denied. If this cancellations request was received before or on Sunday August 1, 2021 (for Fall 2021 Only and 2021-2022 Academic Year applicants) OR Sunday, November 1, 2021 (for Winter 2022 Only applicants), new international students are also eligible for a full refund of their Housing Application Fee and Residence Room Deposit. After Saturday, August 1, 2021, new international students who are denied their study permit will only be eligible to receive a full refund of their Residence Room Deposit and the full International Housing Deposit.
- No refunds of students' Housing Application Fee, Residence Room Deposit, and International Housing Deposit will be provided once a student has moved into Residence, or after the Housing cancellation deadline noted above has passed, and/or if the student failed to provide proof of Study Permit Denial.
- For more information about UNBC's Refund Policy for Undergraduate and Masters International Students, please refer to the International Student Refunds - Policies and Information page.
Unfortunately for safety and security reasons students are not allowed to move into housing before the official move-in date. Our move-in dates can be viewed on our Move-in/Move-out webpage.
When You Arrive in Prince George
Getting From The Airport To UNBC Residence
There are many modes of transportation from the airport to our Residences. There are taxis and shuttle services that offer door-to-door transportation. For more information and pricing, visit the Prince George Airport Transportation Page.
To use a luggage cart at the airport, you will need a $1 coin (a loonie). Change can be made at one of the desks once you enter the main airport space.
For more information on the city of Prince George, visit the Prince George Tourism page.
International Focus Residence Assistants
Our Residence Assistants (RAs) – International Focus are upper year student staff who are passionate about supporting International students during their time in Residence. They are here to support your transition and provide programming for you throughout your time in Residence.
Do I Need To Bring My Own Bedding?
Bedding is not usually provided in the suites for our students. However, bedding packages are available upon request. If you are an International student who requires bedding, please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your arrival in Residence.
I Am Applying For The Full Academic Year, Can I Stay Over The Winter Break?
If you are applying for the Academic Year and need to stay in residence over the winter break, we charge a fee of $25.50/night at a maximum of $250.00 for the whole duration of the winter break. Please note that if you apply for the Fall Only semester, we can only extend your stay for a few days after the official end of semester move-out date and you will be charged the nightly rate of $25.50/night.