ITS Maintenance/Information for this week:
This is your weekly digest of system maintenance/information and downtime. All notices are also posted on the myUNBC Student Portal, our.unbc. ca for Employees, support.unbc.ca and on unbc.ca /its. Please see one of these locations for maintenance notices.
ITS Information Notice: Changes to Microsoft Teams Meeting Policies to improve Security || August 9th
ITS will be implementing the following changes to Microsoft Teams:
- Only the user with the “Organizer” role are allowed to present in Teams meetings.
- Note: Organizers can assign the Co-Organizer role to a user by going into meeting options à choose co-organizers.
- Only invited users will be automatically admitted to Teams meetings
ITS Maintenance Notice: Tuesday, August 9th || Time: 9:00pm – 1:00am
Papercut Upgrade: print.unbc.ca will be unavailable during this upgrade.
ITS Maintenance Notice: Agora Distribution Switch || August 10th at 7:00am and August 11th at 1:00pm
ITS will be performing network maintenance on August 10th at 7:00am and August 11th at 1:00pm.
Note: The duration of each maintenance period is up to one hour.
Areas of campus that may experience multiple network interruptions during this maintenance are:
- Northern Sports Centre
- Power Plant & Bio Energy Plant
ITS Maintenance Notice: VoIP in NCCC (Quesnel), Thursday, August 11th || Time: 10:00am
UNBC Staff and Faculty working in Quesnel will be integrated into the main UNBC phone system on August 11th , 2022. Due to a change in the phone infrastructure at the NCCC campus that UNBC and CNC share, UNBC ITS will be extending our phone system to Quesnel.
The staff and faculty at the NCCC campus will all receive new 5-digit local numbers (4xxxx) , the UNBC phone book will be updated to reflect these changes by the afternoon of August 15th .
Note: The Quesnel UNBC main phone number (250-991-7540) and fax number (250-991-7528) remain unchanged.
ITS Maintenance Notice: Thursday , August 11th || Time: 10:00am
Multi-Factor Authentication Cap for Virtual Private Network (VPN): When connecting to the Virtual Private Network you will receive a request at least once a day to approve a sign in request on your designated authentication device.
If you still have questions regarding Multi-Factor Authentication Please search our customer portal (support.unbc.ca) for MFA knowledge base articles:
- Multi Factor Authentication – Frequently Asked Questions Article - Multi Factor Authentication... (teamdynamix.com)
- Multi Factor Authentication - Registering a device Article - Multi Factor Authentication... (teamdynamix.com)
ITS Maintenance Notice: Thursday, August 11th || 10:00pm – 4:00am
Oracle Upgrade - Systems Unavailable during this maintenance:
- Banner Admin Pages - banner.unbc.ca
- Self-Service - ssb.unbc.ca
- Argos Reports - reports.unbc.ca
- Fast - fast.unbc.ca
- ARC - arc.unbc.ca
- Blackboard learn.unbc.ca
ITS Maintenance Notice: Saturday, August 13th || 9:00am – 9:00pm
Banner Upgrade - Systems Unavailable during this maintenance:
- Banner Admin Pages– BANPROD, BPREPROD, BQAWEEK
- UNBC Online Services (Student, Alumni and Employee)
- myUNBC Student Portal
- UNBC Password Management Services
- UNBC Online Phone List
Thank you for your assistance while we keep our systems maintained and secure. If there are any questions, please contact the IT Service Desk using the information below.
IT Service Desk Contact Information:
- Telephone: 250-960-5321
- Toll Free: 866-960-5321
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: unbc.ca/its
- Customer Support Portal: support.unbc.ca
- Service Desk hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Closed daily from 12:00pm to 12:30pm
- Located on the second floor of the Teaching Lab, room 8-264.