Things to do before you arrive

Before you arrive at UNBC there are a number of important things which you will need to consider and finalize.

Immigration and Visas

It is your responsibility to acquire the correct visa or study permit before you arrive in Canada.

Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)

Students from many countries can study in Canada without a study permit. If you are from one of these countries, you can study in Canada for a maximum of 6 months.

Designated Learning Institution Number (DLI)

UNBC's DLI number is O19283889692. Please use this number when applying for your study permit.

Study Permit

All students who plan to study in Canada for greater than 6 months require a study permit.

For assistance with issues related to your TRV and study permit, please go to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.

Health Insurance and BC Medical Services Plan (MSP)

UNBC requires that all students have health insurance while studying. All International students will be automatically enrolled in health insurance. This insurance is mandatory for all new international students.