Visas and permits

Immigration and Visas

It is your responsibility to acquire the correct visa or study permit before you arrive in Canada. 

Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) 

Students from many countries can study in Canada without a study permit. If you are from one of these countries, you can study in Canada for a maximum of 6 months

Designated Learning Institution Number (DLI) 

UNBC's DLI number is O19283889692. Please use this number when applying for your study permit, restoring your status, or extending your studies in Canada. 

Study Permit 

All students who plan to study in Canada for greater than 6 months require a study permit. 
For assistance with issues related to your TRV and study permit, please go to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website.

Renewing, restoring or extending your study permit 

It is very important that you are aware of your study permit's expiry date. We suggest you start the renewal process 6-months in advance of it expiring to ensure you have lots of time for the process. The following two links will provide you with the information you need to complete this process.