Dear UNBC Faculty Association Members,
The transition to the new agreement included a mechanism in Article 74B.1.1 for placing members on the appropriate grid step based upon Years at Rank. A joint committee for the University and the Faculty Association has been struck to receive appeals from members who think they should have been placed at a different grid step.
Appeals must be sent into to Dr. Owen at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 14, 2021. The committee will review individual appeals and make a recommendation to the Provost, who will make the final decision.
A member wishing to submit an appeal must provide:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae; and
- A Cover Letter outlining:
- Years at Rank for each level of rank at UNBC (e.g., Assistant, ..., SLI I, ..., Librarian I, ...);
- Relevant recognized years of service prior to UNBC appointment; and,
- A reasoned argument for placement at a different grid step.
The Committee will review the appeals, and will make a recommendation to the Provost. The Provost will decide regarding the appeal on or by July 31, 2021.