On This Page:
The Women North Network (WNN) fosters:
- Information among northern women.
- Participation in current studies,
- Access to health related research,
- Taking an active role in creating change in the health system and policy initiatives.
The Women North Network brings women together to share information and develop joint health-related research, action, and policy initiatives.
For more information about the Women North Network please visit our website www.womennorthnetwork.com
The Women North Network arose from the Women North Project, a community-based study that gives voice to northern women and their health needs at an individual, organizational and community level. A project of Northern FIRE the Women North Network aims to cultivate community development and research activities that explore and address the promotion of women's health in Northern British Columbia.
Women from the following communities participated in the communal gathering and are founding members of the Women North Network.
- Burns Lake
- Dawson Creek
- Fort St. James
- Fort St. John
- Prince George
- Prince Rupert
- Robson Valley (McBride, Dunster, Valemount)