Value: $5,000 per year
Number of awards: Up to Three
* Award renewable for up to three (3) additional years
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 15, 2021
This bursary has been established by the Northern Medical Programs Trust (NMPT). In addition to financial support, recipients will join the Northern Pathways to Medicine Bursary Program which includes enrichment, mentors and academic support throughout their undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must be graduates of a high school within a North Central Local Government Association community
- Available to a full-time student who has applied to and been accepted into their undergraduate degree program of choice for study at UNBC independently.
- Applicants must intend to apply for a career in health care.
- Students with demonstrated financial need.
- Students must have strong academic ability.
* This award is renewable for up to three (3) additional years based on the student maintaining good academic standing and a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.33 (77%) throughout their undergraduate studies (at the discretion of the Selection Committee).
- Interested individuals must be accepted into a full-time UNBC undergraduate program.
- Please review the Nothern Pathways to Medicine Application Manual prior to applying
- Applicants must then apply online for the Northern Pathways to Medicine Bursary on the UNBC Awards and Financial Aid website.
- Applicants must complete a declaration of income form sent to them by the awards/financial aid office.
Short listed candidates will be selected for a personal interview.
The goal of the bursary is to support socioeconomically disadvantaged individuals who typically would have a household income of $80,000 and below.