Located on the scenic University of Northern British Columbia campus, the Charles Jago Northern Sport Centre welcomes you! Sign up for a fitness membership, rent space for your team or book a birthday party.
We opened our doors September 2007. We wanted to realize the full potential of Northern B.C. arising from the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
Our founding partners are:
- The City of Prince George
- University of Northern British Columbia
- Spirit of BC Prince George Community Committee
- Engage Sport North
The Charles Jago Northern Sport Centre, combines the best in fitness, athletics and recreation.
A Centre of Excellence fostering an active, vibrant and healthy community.
Inspiring better quality of life through leadership and excellence in sport development, fitness education & programming, and community health & wellbeing.
To provide inclusive, accessible, responsive, and engaging opportunities for growth and development in sport, fitness, health and active living.
- Service Excellence – Ensuring customers' expectations are exceeded and experiences are unmatched
- Accountability - Taking ownership of our actions in a timely and accurate manner
- Integrity - Providing a respectful environment conducive to ethical, transparent behaviour that will instill trust
- Compassion and Inclusivity – Nurturing a compassionate environment responding to community needs and enabling inclusion, truth and reconciliation
Board of Directors
Chair - Don Bassermann
Vice Chair - Loralyn Murdoch
Vice President - Walter Babicz
President - Rahim Somani
Secretary - Adam Davey
Treasurer - Lisa Haslett
NSC - Zoe Nunes
NUGSS - Calin Claassens
Community Rep - Andy Beesley
Community Rep - Jim Martin
The Northern Sport Centre is a generous corporate citizen pleased to support the fundraising activities of local charities and non-profits. We can donate a Membership Gift Certificate that can be used as a silent auction item or door prize.
Donations are limited and awarded on a first come, first serve basis. Each organization is eligible to receive one donation per calendar year. Requesting a donation from the NSC does not guarantee one will be awarded.
Each gift certificate expires ninety (90) days after the event. It must be redeemed on, or before, the expiry date listed - there are no extensions.
Please send your written request at least four (4) weeks in advance of your fundraiser.
► Two ways to apply:
Drop off/mail to: Karen Cameron - Marketing Coordinator