1. The Northern Sport Centre is following Covid-19 protocols of physical distancing, cleanliness and minimal touch points. We will only accept 100% compliance from members, public and user groups. Those who fail to follow these health and safety guidelines will be asked to leave the facility, and may not be welcome to return.
2. The Northern Sport Centre has zero tolerance towards violence or threats of violence to Staff, Members, and the Public. This includes but is not limited to:
- any act of physical assault, verbal assaults, threats and attempts to intimidate
- throwing of articles in a deliberate or aggressive manner
- aggressively approaching another individual, or striking another individual
- attempting to prod or incite violence in others in or around the Facility.
Those demonstrating inappropriate behaviour or language will be declined entry or asked to leave. Their membership may be cancelled. They may be banned from the Facility.
3. Prohibited inappropriate behaviour is, but not limited to: clothing, offensive materials, words, and images that contravene BC's Human Rights Code. Vandalism, littering, use of profanity, and spitting is not permitted.
4. For your own protection and future use of our facility, DO NOT share your FOB Access Key. Sharing it will result in immediate suspension of your Membership and Facility access.
5. Northern Sport Centre is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen property.
6. Solicitation of any type is prohibited.
7. Cell phones and camera enabled devices are prohibited in all locker rooms.
8. Photography or video recording is prohibited unless pre-approved by the Manager.
9. If you are using a Personal Trainer, Physiotherapist or Coach, it must be with an NSC certified trainer or partner. For liability and legal reasons, we cannot permit clients to bring outside personal trainers.
10. Food and liquid (other than water) is not permitted in the facility. This includes the gymnasium, squash courts, studio, weight rooms, track and fieldhouse. Closed-top water bottles are permitted.
11. As per the provincial Tobacco Reduction Act, smoking in public places and workplaces is prohibited. Smoking of any kind, including electronic/vapour, is prohibited inside the Northern Sport Centre. It is also prohibited within ten feet from the doorway, window or air intake. Smoking is defined as the holding of a lit cigar, cigarette, pipe. It includes all devices where tobacco or other substances burn. This includes vapourizing or electronic smoking and the use of electronic smoking devices.