Fall 2021 | September 13 - December 23
As B.C. enters Step 3 of the Restart Plan, the Northern Sport Centre remains committed to following all the orders issued by the Provincial Health Officer.
Effective August 25, 2021 until further notice:
- Wearing a mask while in the public areas of the facility is required. You do not have to wear one while exercising.
- Continue to practice physical distancing
- Stay home if you are feeling ill
- FOB access control returns to the Track and Zones 3 and 4. Please ensure you have scanned in at the Front Desk upon arrival at the facility to allow Zone access. Carry your FOB with you as you move around the Zones.
Session 1 - September 13 - October 31
Member registration opens Monday, August 23. Non-member on Monday, August 30. Prices listed are for the chosen day/time and do not include taxes.
No classes September 30 (Truth & Reconciliation Day), October 11 (Thanksgiving)
Session 2 - November 1 - December 23
Member registration opens Monday, October 18. Non-member on Monday, October 25. Prices listed are for the chosen day/time and do not include taxes.
No classes November 11 (Remembrance Day)
- Registered programs are often considered an "introduction" to a new fitness activity.
- They are offered to members and non, at a small fee. Registered programs are NOT included in membership fees.
- Programs are accessible to all fitness levels - just do your best.
- If you are unsure about your physical ability to participate, please speak with the instructor directly.
- Children are not permitted to sit in on classes, outside the door or in the hallway.
- As a courtesy to all, please limit your use of scents such as cologne, hair spray when attending classes.
- Outdoor shoes are not permitted in any fitness areas.
- Instructors may change and classes cancelled any time to accommodate illness, COVID-19 and facility bookings. Read our Registration and Refund Policy here.
Head into Studio 1 with Laurie and use your body weight and the TRX suspension apparatus for a complete workout. All fitness levels are welcome! You can expect to target every major muscle group as well as improve balance, flexibility and mobility.
Wednesday: 8:00am - 8:50am
Wednesday: 9:00am - 9:50am
When it comes to healthy aging, building balance, cardio and muscle strength are essential. Laurie will introduce hand weights, stability balls, bands, and other functional-fun tools. Set in Studio 1, participants will work hard and finish with a lengthy relaxing stretch.
Friday: 8:00am - 8:50am
Friday: 9:00am - 9:50am
Stay healthy and strong for life in this low impact class designed to keep you moving, increase your strength and mobility and improve your posture. Instructor Laurie combines cardio and muscular conditioning that works with every individual’s level of ability..
Monday: 8:00am - 8:50am
Monday: 9:00am - 9:50am
Are you 50 + looking for a workout that allows you to work at your own pace, while still gaining the benefit? Led by Kim, the group will focus on functional exercises, including light resistance training, balance, core stability, range of motion and moderate cardio. All the exercises can be modified to accommodate those with pre-existing injuries.
Tuesday: 10:30am - 11:25am
Thursday: 10:30am - 11:25am
Train like Rocky using heavy bags and air drills in this popular program. Led by Jacob. this class is a non-contact, conditioning class, and will not involve sparing. Participants must bring their own boxing gloves. Hand wraps are also recommended. The Northern Sport Centre will not supply gloves to be shared.
Monday: 7:00pm - 7:55pm
Wednesday: 7:00pm - 7:55pm
Do your abs need work? Do you have lower back pain from a weak core? How’s your balance?
Join Kim Monday and Wednesday for a 30-minute core and abs workout using a variety of equipment including a BOSU, stability ball, medicine ball, free weights and body weight exercises.
Monday and Wednesday: 4:30pm - 5:00pm
Do you have a solid fitness base but want that extra challenge in a weekly fitness routine? Join Laurie for 90 minutes of energizing and inspiring fitness! Youth 13 - 15 are permitted with parent/guardian in attendance/participating.
Sunday: 9:00am - 10:30am
Have you set a new health goal for yourself this fall? Register for this motivating, twice a week, fitness program. You will develop the cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength and core stability necessary to achieve your weight loss goals.
We want to keep things fun and friendly! If you attend minimum 80% of classes and lose the greatest percentage of their body weight you can win a prize. We will give away one $100.00 gift certificate from the Northern Sport Centre!
Led by Kim, this uniquely designed program incorporates boxing, TRX, resistance training, stability balls and more. Men and women of all fitness levels are welcome. Weekly nutritional tips, weigh-ins, and exercise homework will help keep you inspired and on track. You must be 16+ years of age to participate in this program.
Monday and Wednesday: 5:15pm - 6:15pm
We recommend this class after a warm up or other training for the best experience. Register for Laurie's glorious 45 minutes of range of motion (deep, passive, full body) stretching paired with foam rolling for myofascial release.
Sunday: 10:45am - 11:30am
This small group class is perfect for those who are new NSC members and/or may not be comfortable navigating the facility.
Kiana will show you how to use the equipment and machines located on the Track and Zones 3 and 4. She will guide you on proper form and grow your knowledge around physical activity. Join like-minded ladies to learn the principles and training methods to be efficient and effective in the weight room and beyond.
Monday: 6:30pm - 7:25pm
- No refunds after the first class unless:
- Medical Reason - If a participant has a medical condition that does not allow them to safely continue in the program. A doctor's note must be provided. Upon withdrawal, the participant will be subject to a $25.00 admin fee. Payment for course fees that already ran is required.
- Class Cancellation - If the program is cancelled by the Northern Sport Centre, all fees will be returned. Charges for classes that did run will not be refunded. Programs may be cancelled due to instructor availability or if the minimum number of participants is not met.
- Instructor Recommendation - If the instructor feels the participant cannot safely or adequately participate. A refund will be recommended less any classes that did run.
- Register in person (credit card, cash, debit, cheque) or telephone 250 960 6366 (credit card only).
- Full payment is required to confirm registration.
- Refunds may be given up to five (5) days prior to the class starting. They are subject to a $25.00 admin fee.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrolment 48 hours prior to start date may be cancelled.
- Registration fees will be pro-rated for any cancelled classes.
- Prices do not include taxes.
- Register early to avoid disappointment.
- Instructors may change without notice and classes cancelled.