Spring 2022 | April 25 - June 26
The Northern Sport Centre remains committed to following all the orders issued by the Provincial Health Officer.
Until further notice:
- Wearing a mask while in the facility is not required but strongly recommended.
- Continue to practice physical distancing.
- Clean the fitness equipment BEFORE and AFTER use.
- Stay home if you are feeling ill.
Member registration opens Monday, April 11. Non-member on Monday, April 18. Prices listed are for the chosen day/time and do not include taxes.
No classes May 23 (Victoria Day) and May 27 (UNBC Convocation)
Important Things to Know
- Registered programs are often considered an "introduction" to a new fitness activity. Because numbers are limited, the instructor can give more individual attention.
- Children 13 - 15 can participate with a parent/guardian in attendance. Youth 16+ are permitted without a parent/guardian.
- Children under 12 are not permitted to participate in classes. They cannot sit in on classes, outside the door or in the hallway while their parent/guardian participates.
- Registered programs are NOT included in membership fees.They are offered to members and non, at a small fee.
- Programs are accessible to all fitness levels - just do your best.
- If you are unsure about your physical ability to participate, please speak with the instructor directly.
- As a courtesy to all, please limit your use of scents such as cologne, hair spray when attending classes.
- Outdoor shoes are not permitted in any fitness areas.
- Instructors may change and classes cancelled any time to accommodate illness, COVID-19 and facility bookings. Read our Registration and Refund Policy here.
Active Aging TRX
Join Laurie and use your body weight and the TRX suspension apparatus in Zone 6 for a complete workout. All fitness levels are welcome! You can expect to target every major muscle group as well as improve balance, flexibility and mobility.
Wednesday: 8:00am - 8:50am
Wednesday: 9:00am - 9:50am
When it comes to healthy aging, building balance, cardio and muscle strength are essential. Laurie will introduce hand weights, stability balls, bands, and other functional-fun tools. Set in Studio 1, participants will work hard and finish with a lengthy relaxing stretch.
Friday: 8:00am - 8:50am
Friday: 9:00am - 9:50am
Stay healthy and strong for life in this low impact class in Studio 1 designed to keep you moving, increase your strength and mobility and improve your posture. Instructor Laurie combines cardio and muscular conditioning that works with every individual’s level of ability..
Monday: 8:00am - 8:50am
Monday: 9:00am - 9:50am
It's back after a long hiatus! This class utilizes the aerial hammock as a prop to your regular practice on the ground. It incorporates rejuvenating inversions, poses and vinyasas that allow your spine to decompress leaving you feeling relaxed and empowered. This class is scaled to all levels of fitness.
We cannot accept participants that are pregnant, have glaucoma, vertigo or high/low blood pressure due to inversions and hammock use. Please contact the Programming Coordinator prior to registering if you have any questions.
Saturday: 10:30am - 11:30am
Are you 50 + looking for a workout that allows you to work at your own pace, while still gaining the benefit? Led by Kim, the group will focus on functional exercises, including light resistance training, balance, core stability, range of motion and moderate cardio. All the exercises can be modified to accommodate those with pre-existing injuries.
This program will not run May 19 - June 9.
Tuesday:10:30am - 11:30am
Thursday:10:30am - 11:30am
Train like Rocky using heavy bags and air drills in this popular program. Led by Jacob in Studio 1, this popular class is a non-contact, conditioning class, and will not involve sparing. Participants must bring their own boxing gloves. Hand wraps are also recommended. The Northern Sport Centre will not supply gloves to be shared.
Monday: 7:00pm - 7:55pm
Wednesday: 7:00pm - 7:55pm
A running class without any running – yes, you read that correctly! It’s no secret that runners often deal with injury as a product of the activity they love. But what if you could strengthen and mobilize those troubled areas so that you can run without the fear of injury or pain? Whether you’re a road, trail, track, new or experienced runner, join David as he leads this unique and instructional based class designed to help strengthen and stabilize the muscles and joints used while on the run.
Saturday: 8:00am - 9:00am
We recommend this class after a warm up or other training for the best experience. Register for Laurie's glorious 45 minutes of range of motion (deep, passive, full body) stretching paired with foam rolling for myofascial release.
Sunday: 10:45am - 11:30am
Do you have a solid fitness base but want that extra challenge in a weekly fitness routine? Join Laurie every Sunday for 90 minutes of energizing and inspiring fitness!
Sunday: 9:00am - 10:30am
- No refunds after the first class unless:
- Medical Reason - If a participant has a medical condition that does not allow them to safely continue in the program. A doctor's note must be provided. Upon withdrawal, the participant will be subject to a $25.00 admin fee. Payment for course fees that already ran is required.
- Class Cancellation - If the program is cancelled by the Northern Sport Centre, all fees will be returned. Charges for classes that did run will not be refunded. Programs may be cancelled due to instructor availability or if the minimum number of participants is not met.
- Instructor Recommendation - If the instructor feels the participant cannot safely or adequately participate. A refund will be recommended less any classes that did run.
- Register in person (credit card, cash, debit, cheque) or telephone 250 960 6366 (credit card only).
- Full payment is required to confirm registration.
- Refunds may be given up to five (5) days prior to the class starting. They are subject to a $25.00 admin fee.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrolment 48 hours prior to start date may be cancelled.
- Registration fees will be pro-rated for any cancelled classes.
- Prices do not include taxes.
- Register early to avoid disappointment.
- Instructors may change without notice and classes cancelled.