Winter 2021 | March 8 - May 2
On November 19, 2020 the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) issued an Order and province-wide restrictions in regards to wearing masks and participating in athletic activities. These are effective immediately until further notice.
Masks are now required for everyone in all public indoor settings and workplaces, which includes our facility. Please wear a mask all the time where possible except for those who are unable.
All high-intensity registered programs are cancelled until further notice.
While reduced, we are pleased to confirm that we are able to offer select, low intensity registered programs.
Our staff have been working very hard setting up the required Covid-19 physical distancing, cleanliness and minimal touch point protocols. As the Covid-19 situation evolves, so will our response.
Your cooperation is key to the Northern Sport Centre’s successful operation. We will only accept 100% compliance. Members and users who fail to follow our guidelines will be asked to leave the facility and may not be welcome to return.
Session 2 March 8 - May 2
Member registration opens Monday, February 22. Non-member on Monday, March 1. Prices listed are for the chosen day/time and do not include taxes.
You can register in person at the Front Desk or by calling 250 960 6366.
No classes April 2 - 5 (Easter Weekend)
- Registered programs are often considered an "introduction" to a new fitness activity.
- They are offered to members and non, at a small charge. Registered programs are NOT included in membership fees.
- Programs are accessible to all fitness levels - just do your best.
- If you are unsure about your physical ability to participate, please speak with the instructor directly. You can also call our Program Coordinator at 250 960 5335.
- Children are not permitted to sit in on classes, outside the door or in the hallway.
- As a courtesy to all, please limit your use of scents such as cologne, hair spray when attending classes.
- Outdoor shoes are not permitted in any fitness areas.
- Instructors may change and classes cancelled any time to accommodate illness, Covid-19 and facility bookings. Read our Registration and Refund Policy here.
Head into Studio 1 and use your body weight and the TRX suspension apparatus for a complete workout. All fitness levels are welcome! You can expect to target every major muscle group as well as improve balance, flexibility and mobility.
Monday: 8:00am - 8:45am
Monday: 9:15am - 10:00am
When it comes to healthy aging, building balance, cardio and muscle strength are essential. Laurie will introduce hand weights, stability balls, bands, and other functional-fun tools. Set in Studio 1, participants will work hard and finish with a lengthy relaxing stretch.
Friday: 8:00am - 8:45am
Friday: 9:15am - 10:00am
Laurie leads this popular class that includes intervals of cardio endurance on the spin bikes or track. Challenging strength exercises using barbells, dumbbells and body bars are also part of the routine located in Studio 1.
Stability balls or Bosu are introduced to improve balance, core strength and range of motion.
Wednesday: 8:00am - 8:45am
Wednesday: 9:15am - 10:00am
All Ultra Fitness programs are cancelled until further notice.
Have you set a new health goal for yourself this fall? Register for this motivating, twice a week, fitness program. You will develop the cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength and core stability necessary to achieve your weight loss goals.
We want to keep things fun and friendly! If you attend minimum 80% of classes and lose the greatest percentage of their body weight you can win a prize. We will give away one $100.00 gift certificate from the Northern Sport Centre!
Led by Kim, this uniquely designed program incorporates boxing, TRX, resistance training, stability balls and more. Men and women of all fitness levels are welcome. Weekly nutritional tips, weigh-ins, and exercise homework will help keep you inspired and on track. You must be 16+ years of age to participate in this program.
Are you an athlete aged 30+ who is frustrated with limitations of aging and chronic injuries? Join Kim in Field 2 and start with a movement assessment followed by exercise that will decrease your risk of injury and increase physical longevity.
Tuesday: 10:30am - 11:30am
Thursday: 10:30am - 11:30am
- No refunds after the first class unless:
- Medical Reason - If a participant has a medical condition that does not allow them to safely continue in the program. A doctor's note must be provided. Upon withdrawal, the participant will be subject to a $25.00 admin fee. Payment for course fees that already ran is required.
- Class Cancellation - If the program is cancelled by the Northern Sport Centre, all fees will be returned. Charges for classes that did run will not be refunded. Programs may be cancelled due to instructor availability or if the minimum number of participants is not met.
- Instructor Recommendation - If the instructor feels the participant cannot safely or adequately participate. A refund will be recommended less any classes that did run.
- Register in person (credit card, cash, debit, cheque) or telephone 250 960 6366 (credit card only).
- Full payment is required to confirm registration.
- Refunds may be given up to five (5) days prior to the class starting. They are subject to a $25.00 admin fee.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrolment 48 hours prior to start date may be cancelled.
- Registration fees will be pro-rated for any cancelled classes.
- Prices do not include taxes.
- Register early to avoid disappointment.
- Instructors may change without notice and classes cancelled.