All outstanding amounts and fees must be paid prior to hold and cancellation requests being processed. This includes any fees incurred after the request is made.
Hold and Cancellation Requests
Changes to requests must be submitted in writing or by email. Forms can be filled out in person at the Front Desk. Verbal instructions or phone calls will not be accepted. Come into the facility and complete the form or email email@example.com.
No Backdating Hold or Cancellation Requests
Consideration may be given for medical reasons if a valid doctor's note is provided within two months of the date the dues/payment(s) were charged. Up to a maximum refund of two months could apply.
Paid parking is enforced 24/7. Members are responsible for citations if an expired or invalid parking permit is used.
- Holds are processed in full months (28-31 days).
- Holds are limited to a maximum of three months (consecutive or non-consecutive).
- A return from hold early fee will apply if you wish to use your membership prior to your end hold request date.
- Locker rental fees cannot be placed on hold.
- Non-member program registration fees apply during hold periods.
1. Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD - bank payment) membership hold request. Apply from the first of the month to the end of the month.
- PAD request must be submitted by the 15th of the month prior to the month you wish to be on hold.
April 12 request can be on hold as early as May 1.
April 19 request can be on hold as early as June 1. May dues will be charged.
- PAD monthly dues are stopped during the hold period.
- PAD monthly dues will automatically resume/be charged, after the end hold request date.
- PAD monthly locker rental fees cannot be placed on hold. Fees will continue to be charged during hold periods.
2. Paid-In-Full (PIF) membership hold request
- PIF hold apply in full months from the member's start hold request date.
Three month hold example:
Start hold request date: May 13
End hold request date: August 13
- PIF pass expiry dates are extended by the number of months on hold.
For example: original membership expiry date of September 20
Number of months requested to be on hold: Three
New membership expiry date: December 20
- Please bring your parking permit to the Front Desk. It will be updated to your new (extended) membership expiry date.
Members are responsible for citations received using an invalid or expire parking permit.
- PIF locker rentals cannot be placed on hold. Monthly rental fees will be charged to the new extended membership expiry date.
- There is no cancellation fee after three full months dues have been paid on your current membership.
- The status of other household family member passes may be affected by cancellation requests. Members may have to update their membership type and monthly fees if they are no longer eligible for a family rate.
- Members may be withdrawn from registered programs that fall on or after membership cancellation dates. They may have to re-register or pay the non-member rate.
- Parking Permits need to be presented at time of cancellation, or a $10 parking fee will apply.
Parking fees will be refunded if the parking permit is returned to the NSC within 30 days of the cancellation date.
Parking permits are no longer valid if you cancel your membership prior to the end of the parking permit date. Displaying an expired or invalid permit may result in a citation.
1. Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD - bank payments) membership cancellation request
- PAD cancellation dates apply at the end of the month.
- PAD requests must be submitted by the 15th of the month prior to the month you wish to cancel.
April 12 request can be cancelled as early as April 30.
April 19 request can be cancelled as early as May 31. May dues will be charged.
2. Paid-In-Full (PIF) membership cancellation request
- PIF cancellation request is accepted anytime before the membership expiry date. Refunds will only apply in full months to the expiry date.
For example, the original membership expiry date is September 20.
May 13 cancellation request:
Eligible refund four full months dues (May 20 - September 20).
New membership expiry date will be May 20.
Parking permit updated to May 20.
May 22 cancellation request:
Eligible refund three full months dues (June 20 - September 20).
New membership expiry date will be June 20.
Parking permit updated to June 20.